Get help with money matters
Cancer can turn your life upside down and sometimes, it brings money worries as well.
We provide a free service for advice, guidance and support with money matters. We can look at your circumstances, like your financial situation, who you live with and what health needs you have, and advise you in detail about any welfare benefits, grants, or practical help that you should perhaps be getting.
We can help you with each step of making sure that you claim the money that you are entitled to. Some of the things we may be able to help with include:
- Help to replace income lost from work, through payments such as sick pay and Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Help to top up a low income through payments such as Income Support or Pension Credit
- Help with practical matters like applying for a parking badge (Blue Badge) or a grant to help you with increased costs
- Help to apply for benefits that reflect that extra cost of living with a long-term illness or disability, like Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment
- Help to apply for benefits for carers, such as Carer’s Allowance
- Help to meet your rent and Council Tax costs if you are on a low income, through Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
- Help when your benefits are changing or when your circumstances change
What we do
Our team of Cancer Support Advisors can help you by checking to see if you should be receiving any money that you are not getting at present.
We can help with phone calls and form filling to apply for benefits, and can support you through the process of getting the correct financial entitlements in place.
We can also check what impact a change in your circumstances (financial, health etc) will have on your income and benefits and help you make any changes needed.
We can help to challenge decisions not to award you a benefit, where appropriate.
We can also consider the circumstances of your carer or immediate family to check their entitlement to benefits which may help to improve your overall financial circumstances.
Get in touch
To speak to one of our Cancer Support Advisors, please call our free Support Line. It’s open 365 days a year, 8am – 8pm.