Blog: Microvolunteering - 10 ways you can make a difference in 10 minutes! by Katie Taylor
April 15th is Microvolunteering Day! But just what is microvolunteering? Here’s our Volunteer Manager, Katie Taylor, to tell you a bit more about microvolunteering and the ways it can help charities like Tenovus Cancer Care:
Microvolunteering - 10 ways you can make a difference in 10 minutes!
by Katie Taylor
Microvolunteering is a term used to describe small actions that benefit a worthy cause… doing a bit of good without having to sign up to anything or commit a lot of time.
Put simply, it's the little things that people can do that can help a cause like Tenovus Cancer Care, which only take a few minutes! We can all do them, most of them you can do from the comfort of your own home, and lots of them can be done from your computer or smartphone while sitting on the sofa!
You may already do lots of them already without even thinking that it counts as volunteering, but it does, and we want to say a big thank you for every moment you give up to help us!
If you haven't tried microvolunteering before, why not give it a try today?
To show you how easy microvolunteering can be, we've put together a list of ten ways you can microvolunteer in just ten minutes or less!
- 'Like' a charity social media page (we're on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN & Instagram!) - and why not share a post with friends and family?
- Got a great idea or some feedback on our work or events? Get in touch and let us know!
- Pass on our Support Line number to someone affected by cancer who might need our help
- Have a quick browse of our eBay shop and pick up a bargain for charity!
- Nominate someone inspiring you know for an award (like our Volunteer Awards!)
- Drop off some donations to your local Tenovus Cancer Care charity shop!
- Write a blog or post about how Tenovus Cancer Care has helped you or why you support us
- Bake a cake for a charity event or raffle!
- Put up posters in your local area to raise awareness of our work!
- Share your story with us - we can never have too many!
We know life can keep everyone really busy, but we hope that seeing these examples will help you realise that every little helps, and if we can all try and find ten minutes here and then to get involved, it really will make a difference!
To find out more call the Volunteer Team and have a chat with myself or Luisa on 02920 768 331. Or, if you’d rather, you can visit our Volunteer with Us web pages or contact us on Facebook.