Join Team Tenovus Cancer Care for a half marathon trek like no other!
On Sunday 8th August, join us for a spectacular walk between 10 of the very best Brecon Beacons waterfalls, covering a total of 13.1 miles!
It’s a route to remember and our most Instagrammable challenge yet!
Our half marathon trek will take on some very special scenic trails. You will begin by getting up close to the Sychryd Waterfall before stepping into the Mellte gorge to follow the classic Four Falls trail, covering Sgwd Yr Eira, Sgwd y Pannwr, Sgwd Isaf Clun-gwyn and Sgwd Clun-Gwyn and much more!
Here you will witness the mighty power of these falls stretching right across the river. You may even want to experience standing behind one of them!
This will be an amazing experience, with the added bonus of every step taken being in support of cancer patients and their loved ones.
You’ll be given full support in the lead up to your trek from our fantastic fundraising team, and on the day receive full support from qualified mountain leaders from our partners at JT Expeditions.
Registration is just £15 which includes the below:
- Friendly and experienced, qualiﬁed Mountain Leaders
- First Aid support, radio comms & safety equipment
- Public Liability & Activity Insurance
- A Waterfalls Half Marathon certificate
Five reasons to Walk the Waterfalls with Us…
- A waterfall is one of the most amazing creations that nature has to offer. The power of white water crashing over cliffs is mesmerizing and thought to alleviate depression, stress, and boost energy levels.
- Walking can help you maintain a healthy weight and lower your blood pressure, helping to reduce your risk of heart problems in the future.
- Walking is also a form of meditation – the perfect way to zone-out from daily stress and anxiety. Plus, the exercise-induced endorphins released can improve your overall mood.
- Keeping active can boost your energy and help you feel less tired in the long term. Plus, adding more activity to your daily routine can help improve the quality of your sleep.
- Remember the money you raise from walking the waterfalls will help Tenovus Cancer Care continue to support cancer patients and their loved ones, now and in the future.
There is a minimum sponsorship ask of £80 for this challenge, but don’t worry, our friendly and helpful fundraising team will be there to support you throughout your journey.
Need more info?