At various times throughout the year, we recruit for 8-12 week structured, voluntary placements which involve working closely with one of our teams, usually on a specific project or campaign.
You’ll get the chance to gain proper training and hands on experience with Wales’ leading cancer charity.
Being part of #TeamTenovus means you’ll get the chance to network, learn all about our services, and find out how we do things here, as well as gain a sense of what it’s like to work in the Third Sector.
We have opportunities in a variety of different areas, such as marketing, events, volunteering, fundraising and HR.
Although we can’t guarantee jobs, we’ll help you develop new skills, discover your strengths, and gain the experience you need to get the career you want!
Summer placement applications are now open!
What do you get out of it?
- A full induction to help you understand more about your role and how it fits into the wider organisation
- A development and work plan to enable you to gain the skills you need to do the role and move on to find your own career
- Project work to give you a sense of ownership over the work you produce
- A chance to work on a team project
- Access to apply for Tenovus Cancer Care’s internal-only vacancies
- It’ll give you a real sense of what it’s like to work in the Third Sector
- It’ll give you the opportunity to network, build relationships and develop contacts in the sector
- You’ll have the opportunity to meet with Senior Management Team members and find out how they got into the third sector and how they got to where they are today
- You’ll have the opportunity to gain tips for writing your CV and skills for interviews
- You’ll be able to request a full reference and account of your internship for future applications
- Reasonable travel and lunch expenses in line with organisational policy