Celebrating our Volunteer Awards judges
Well, we’re less than a week away from our 2017 Volunteer Awards and, like every year, we can’t wait.
Our Awards celebrate the amazing volunteers that give their time and dedicate themselves to promoting Tenovus Cancer Care. They raise awareness, money and leave us completely inspired. We get so many lovely nominations year on year which is why we need help making decisions about our shortlist and our winners.
Meet our judges
- Richard Sims – Tenovus Cancer Care, Chair
- Anthea Parker –Tenovus Cancer Care, Volunteer of the Year 2016
- Felicitie Walls – Volunteering Grants and Youth Development Manager, Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA)
- Ruth Mosalski – Media Wales
- Polly James – Capital Radio
- Alex Baker – Tenovus Cancer Care funded PhD Student
We're so grateful to these guys and really appreciate their support. We have around 2000 volunteers helping us here at Tenovus Cancer Care and this year we received over 150 amazing nominations. Our staff panel whittled these nominations down to 21 shortlisted candidates; three candidates per award. It was then over to our judges.
The judges made the final decisions of who should win the award for each category and chose their overall winner as Volunteer of the Year.
Our categories are:
If you'd like to read more about our awards from one of our volunteers, Holly, click here.
To find out more about joining us and giving up your time, call the Volunteer Team and have a chat with Katie or Luisa on 02920 768 331. Or, if you’d rather, you can visit our Volunteer with Us web pages or contact them on Facebook.