Why am I needed?
Volunteers are at the heart of all we do at Tenovus Cancer Care and we recruit people to help us right across the charity, from helping with fundraising, research or at events to supporting our office teams, our shops or our Mobile Support Units. Without volunteers giving up their time to help us we wouldn’t be able to do the work we do to support cancer patients and their loved ones.
In this role, we’re looking for people to support our Volunteer Development Team as they recruit volunteers into the charity. A key part of this role will be to regularly update our database (The Raiser’s Edge) by keeping our volunteer and supporter data recorded accurately. This is vital to make sure we can communicate effectively with our supporters, engage with new volunteers and so we can efficiently report on recruitment activity.
As well as supporting us, volunteering can provide many benefits for you. Holly volunteered in our People Team and said “volunteering here has opened my eyes to new possibilities as well as boosting my CV and making myself more attractive to employers”.
If you’d like to Do It with Us, like Holly did, we’d love to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
Your main duties will involve, but may not be limited to:
- Inputting a variety of information relating to volunteering onto our database, The Raiser’s Edge
- Filing and scanning paperwork onto the database
- Updating and auditing records to make sure all existing data is up to date and corresponds to reporting needs
- Liaising with the Volunteer Development Officer to put together and provide updates for monthly reports
- Researching recruitment contacts to update current lists and help us develop new relationships
- Other administration projects and tasks as needed by the People Team.
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a vital difference to people’s lives through the unique work of Tenovus Cancer Care
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and to spend time in a fun and exciting office environment (we have a number of groups that you can join, whether its walking, stair climbing, singing, reading or football – there’s something for everyone)
- The opportunity to apply for all internal vacancies
- The opportunity to develop a range of skills and undertake training
- The chance to gain experience of supporting Wales’ leading cancer charity
- Reasonable expenses will be paid in line with organisational policy.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- A friendly and enthusiastic approach and the ability to get on well with others
- A positive can-do attitude and willingness to get involved
- Good communication skills
- A caring, helpful and understanding telephone manner
- Excellent IT skills
- Attention to detail is vital.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally you’ll be able to commit to giving one half day per week to the charity, however there may be scope to give more or less time than this, please note on your application how much time you can give.
What support and training will I be given?
- The Volunteer Development Team will be on hand to support you in your role
- You’ll be given a full induction to the charity and given training on our database, The Raiser’s Edge
- You’ll also have the opportunity to use our eLearning training system.
Where will I be based?
You’ll be based from home for the foreseeable future.