Why am I needed?
Our Tenovus supporters are climbing the 278 steps then to drop 178ft down the iconic Newport Transporter Bridge this November. They will see unrivalled views of the city and countryside, this is a truly unique opportunity to test their limits and see Newport from a different perspective, all while supporting cancer patients and their loved ones.
We need volunteers to help them reach new heights
What will I be doing?
- To Welcome Event Participants
- To aid with Registration before the event
- Marshall the event & point participants in the right direction
- Cheer Marshalls – To encourage participants and congratulate them
- We are also looking for event photographers to take snaps of the event
What skills do I need?
- A fun, friendly and outgoing personality
- Confidence and good communication skills
- An enthusiasm for the work of Tenovus Cancer Care
How much time do I need to commit?
This is a one off event on Saturday 27th November 2021, from approximately 9am to 3pm.
What support will I be given?
- You’ll be provided with an event brief before the day
- You’ll be supported by the events team on the day and will be joined by other volunteers too.
What benefits can I expect?
- The chance to gain experience and to volunteer alongside our Fundraising Team
- The opportunity to develop a range of skills while making a difference in your community and being part of #teamtenovus!
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and to spend time in a fun and friendly (office) environment
- Reasonable travel expenses will be paid in line with organizational policy
Where will I be based?
The location of the abseil is at the Transporter Bridge in Newport
Do you want more information?
please contact our Volunteer Development Team on 02920 768320 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about volunteering with us.