Why am I needed?
We’ve a key project happening around reviewing our key posting and printing processes and we need a Microsoft Visio expert to help. We’re working to simplify, streamline and make these easier for everyone across the charity to manage as well as having effective tools to support the work that we’re doing.
So, our Project Manager needs extra help from a skilled volunteer to lend them a hand with day to day work.
The role is working on your own computer from home. But, what’s important is that you already know how to use Microsoft Visio as this is most of the work you’ll be doing.
We need your skills to take a document and translate that into a Microsoft Visio flowchart. There will also be the opportunity to work with the Project Manager to review processes and work and support them in making adjustments before the project deadline too.
What will I be doing?
- Working on a computer using Visio to translate documented processes into a flowchart
- Assisting the Project Manager in reviewing flowcharts
- Supporting the Project Manager in updating processes
What skills or qualities do I need?
- Good eye for detail and working accurately
- Already good at using MS Visio
- Logical approach to working and finding sensible solutions
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team and able to work independently
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, we are looking for a minimum of 4 hours a week but as many as you can do is appreciated.
You can easily volunteer around other things you have happening too. We would ask that you have some flexibility to be able to meet with your Supervisor during the work day Tuesday to Thursday so you can organise work together and feedback
What support will I be given?
We use MS Teams to video call and support our volunteers so our Project Manager will be on hand to work with you in agreeing clear goals and feedback to help you develop. Our Project Manager works Tuesday – Thursday so will be on hand for weekly meetings and catch ups
What benefits can I expect?
- The chance to gain experience and to volunteer alongside a seasoned Project Manager
- The opportunity to develop a range of skills while making a difference to our cause
- Support from your Supervisor who will be able to offer you advice, information and guidance in your role
- Access to our e-Learning system, which includes to many online training modules
- Access to apply for our internal job vacancies
- This is an ideal role if you’re looking to gain experience in Project Management
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the work of Tenovus Cancer Care, and in particular the people who access our unique services.
Where will I be based?
The role is based from home and we work together remotely using MS Teams. You’ll need to be able to have access to your own computer for the work and a comfortable work area. Our Head Office is in Cardiff City Centre and there may be opportunities for you to volunteer there too at times.
You contact our Volunteer Development Team on 029 2076 8850 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org