Why am I needed?
We’re the official charity partner for the Severn Bridge Half Marathon and 10k this year! You can support this iconic race by volunteering on one of the water stations around the course. This role is important not only because you’ll be handing out much needed water to the runners but also because you’ll be helping to cheer on and motivate ALL the runners.
What will I be doing?
- We need people to be able to handout water to runners at a fast and effective manner
- Cheer on runners
- Be on hand for Event assisting
What skills do I need?
- A fun, friendly, professional and outgoing personality
- To be able to follow instructions and be happy to get stuck in
- An enthusiasm for the work of Tenovus Cancer Care
How much time do I need to commit?
We appreciate any time you can give. Each event timings will change.
Please note your availability on your application form.
What support will I be given?
- You’ll be provided with an event brief before the day
- You’ll be supported by the events team on the day and will be joined by other volunteers too
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a vital difference to the work of Tenovus Cancer Care - especially the people who access our services
- The opportunity to volunteer at a brand new Tenovus event, meeting lots of new people and being part of #teamtenovus!
- To be part of this amazing road race and support the 1500 runners to achieve their running goals
Where will I be based?
Sunday 28th August – Time TBC but it will likely be Early to morning to mid afternoon.
Please contact the Volunteer Development Team on 029 2076 8850 for an informal chat or e-mail email@example.com for an application form should you require one.