Why am I needed?
The rehearsal volunteers will help the choir leaders during rehearsal with some of the logistical tasks to ensure the rehearsal runs smoothly and that people are given the correct information and made to feel at ease when they come to choir.
What will I be doing?
- Opening/locking up very where appropriate and helping set up and set down the room.
- Taking a register of attendees at rehearsal
- Welcoming and registering new members and helping them to settle in
- Sending any necessary follow-up paperwork to relevant member of staff after rehearsal
- Collecting any cash donations and being responsible for banking it regularly.
- Keeping hold of and being responsible for relevant resources for choir, including venue keys, money goblets and contactless card machines, as well as CD’s and lyrics.
- Helping to ensure Covid safety regulations are followed at rehearsals.
What skills do I need?
- Good organizational skills,
- Friendly and welcoming,
- Good time keeping,
- Good communication skills
How much time do I need to commit?
You will be required to commit to one evening a week, between the hours of 6.15pm – 8.15pm. The day required depends on which choir you volunteer at. Please see below our choir days:
- Mondays – Bridgend / Cardiff South / Cwmbran / Wrexham / Aberystwyth
- Tuesdays – Abergavenny / Llandudno / Swansea / Llanidloes / Llanelli / Barry
- Wednesdays – Cardiff North / Merthyr Tydfil
- Thursdays – Carmarthen / Pontypridd / Bangor
What support will I be given?
There will be full training given and you will be supported by the Sing with Us team along the way to help with any concerns and to help you in your role. You will work closely with the choir leader in rehearsals.
What benefits can I expect?
- The chance to gain experience and to volunteer alongside our Sing with Us choir Team
- The opportunity to develop a range of skills while making a difference in your community
- Travel expenses can be issued
- Access to apply for all internal job vacancies
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and to spend time in a fun and friendly environment
- Reasonable travel expenses will be paid in line with organisational policy
Where will I be based?
Choirs will be based in the following locations: Abergavenny, Aberystwyth, Bangor, Barry, Bridgend, Cardiff North, Cardiff South, Carmarthen, Cwmbran, Llandudno, Llanelli, Llanidloes, Merthyr Tydfil, Pontypridd, Swansea, Wrexham
We require volunteers as soon as possible, but no later than a start date of 1st November.
Please contact our Volunteer Development Team on 02920 768320 or e-mail email@example.com for more information about volunteering with us.