We know a healthy diet and weight is really important in preventing cancer, so it’s really important that we make sure people understand how to make the right choices.
It’s important to:
- Eat a well-balanced diet (daily intake of fat should not exceed 30%)
- Include fresh fruit and vegetables in your daily food choices
- Eat the right amount to maintain a healthy weight
- Limit red meat consumption
- Limit alcohol consumption. The UK Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) advise it is safest not to drink more than 14 units a week on a regular basis.
Keeping active is not only great for your physical health, it’s really good for your mental health too. And taking on a charity challenge like a trek, run or cycle is the perfect way to set yourself a goal, have fun, and make a difference. Check out our latest events.