Without volunteers, the work we do here at Tenovus Cancer Care just wouldn’t be possible. They support every area of the charity including our services, shops, events and campaigns.
Around 2,000 volunteers give their time, helping us support cancer patients and their loved ones, and fund life-saving research.
There are loads of reasons to volunteer and a wide variety of roles and opportunities. You can give as much or as little time as you like, as a one off or regularly. Whatever your interests, skills, hobbies or passions, there’s a way to get involved.
Need more convincing?
As well as making a difference and helping our work, there are many benefits of volunteering.
- Boost your CV and increase your chances of getting a job
- Learn new skills… or make the most of the skills you have
- Get some training
- Do something good with your spare time
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Increase your confidence
- Gain some well-deserved recognition
- Be healthier and happier
- Have fun!
Not only this, one of the benefits of volunteering with us is that you’ll be able to apply for both external and internal vacancies.
Types of roles
We rely on volunteers across the organisation and have a range of roles available. Below are some of our regular or ongoing opportunities, but click here to see what’s currently available in your area.
- Shop volunteers
- Online Trading Assistants
- Friends of Tenovus Cancer Care Group Members
- Bucket collectors
- Event support