Due to the ongoing pandemic we have had to adapt the way we work with everyone, to make sure we keep everyone safe. Your safety is paramount to us here at Tenovus Cancer Care, so we are making sure we keep up to date and follow government guidance in relation to our work and activities.
The latest guidance
We continue to keep up to date and follow government guidance and will update this page as and when needed. The guidance for the respective nations can be found here:
All volunteers and supporters:
- must avoid social gatherings unless necessary and if so, must follow the government guidance in your area
- must avoid all face-to-face contact as part of their volunteering unless necessary for example in shops
- where face-to-face contact is necessary, you must follow all COVID-19 risk assessments and procedures as well as government guidance
- should follow all relevant government guidance with regard to traveling and social distancing, bearing in mind that this can vary depending on where you live
- should follow government guidance on self-isolation if they, or anyone in their household, shows symptoms of coronavirus, or is advised to self-isolate
- should let their supervisor/volunteer manager know if they develop symptoms, are self-isolating or would prefer not to volunteer at this time
- should not undertake any activity in relation to Tenovus Cancer Care without their supervisor/volunteer manager’s knowledge
Please let us know in advance of any activities you are planning to support Tenovus Cancer Care, by checking in with your supervisor/volunteer manager. This is to ensure we take a consistent approach in safeguarding our volunteers, supporters, people affected by cancer, staff and the wider public. We’re here to help and keep everybody safe, so please contact your supervisor/volunteer manager in good time and before carrying out any activities.
What can you do?
Whether you’re a volunteer or supporter, if the pandemic has affected your volunteer role or your ability to fundraise for us, remember there are other ways you can get involved and help us out:
- COVID-19 has had a significant impact on our ability to fundraise, and people living with cancer need our support more than ever. Find out how you can safely fundraise for Tenovus Cancer Care during this time.
- Check our most recent volunteer opportunities in your area here
- Support us on our social media. Whether it’s our services, research, a story about someone we’ve supported, or a fundraising campaign or event…help us to reach more people. It’s always a huge help, so like, share, and tweet away!
We know staying apart is really difficult and your wellbeing is important to us. We want to remind you that although we’re working virtually, we’re still here for you:
Staying up to date
Please keep an eye on this page for updates but always remember to follow government guidance.
Volunteer Development Team – email@example.com
Fundraising Team – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sing with Us Team – email@example.com
Tenovus Cancer Care main line – 029 2076 8850