Skip to main content

Gift Aid is a really easy way to make your donation to Tenovus Cancer Care go even further.

It’s a government scheme which means if you are a UK tax payer, you can increase your gift by 25% at no extra cost to yourself. That means for every £1 you donate, we can reclaim an extra 25p! It’s free money from the tax man!

Gift Aid makes a huge difference to how much money we can raise, and each year we’re able to claim around £500,000!

Who is eligible for Gift Aid?

You need to be a UK tax payer and pay more money in income tax, than the amount that you Gift Aid in any tax year.

For example, if you donate £500 over the course of a tax year, we can claim an extra £125 through Gift Aid (making your donation worth £625). You need to pay more income tax during the tax year than £125 to be eligible. If it is less, then it is your responsibility to pay any difference.

What can we claim Gift Aid on?

  • Any voluntary donations you make to us, whether it’s cash, cheques or bank transfer, as long as you qualify as a gift aider and complete the appropriate declaration.
  • Every time you support one of our incredible fundraisers in the community, such as a marathon runner, an abseiler or a cake baker, you can gift aid your donations in connection with their amazing efforts. (Please note, direct family members can’t gift aid their donations in this case)
  • As well as being able to claim Gift Aid on donations, we’re also able to claim gift aid on the money raised when we sell donated goods in our shops. Find your local Tenovus Cancer Care shop 

Sign up to Gift Aid now

By completing a Gift Aid declaration today, we can claim on any money you’ve donated to Tenovus Cancer Care in the past four tax years, but also anything you donate in the future, as long as you qualify for gift aid for the relevant period. Simply print out this form, complete, and return to:

Tenovus Cancer Care

First Floor Jones Court

Womanby Street


CF10 1BR


What to do if your details change?

You need to let us know if want to cancel this declaration, change your name or home address, or no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

If you would like to update your details with us, please call 029 2076 8850 or email

What if I’m a higher rate tax payer?

If you pay income tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your self-assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

Can I find out how much my donations have raised?

Because of the way Gift Aid works, we must write to you every year to let you know how much your donations have raised. Unless you tell us otherwise, we’ll send this to you by post.

Also, for goods donated to our shops, we will write to you every time we make a claim on your donations, which have made over £100 in any one year and tell you what we’d like to claim.

Can I receive these notifications by email?

You can sign up to receive these notifications by email (which saves us a lot of money) using the form below.

You will need to know your Donor ID so we can find you on our system. You can find your Donor ID on the paper notification you’ve received, or simply call us on 029 2076 8850 or email

Please complete to receive notifications by email

If you or someone you love has been affected by cancer, our free Support Line is there for you. Just call 0808 808 1010