Why am I needed?
We’re looking to gather a team of enthusiastic supporters to help give our Cardiff Half Marathon runners the biggest and loudest cheers on race day!
We need you to help us motivate and support our amazing runners who are aiming to raise money for us – which will go a long way to helping us support people with cancer, and their loved ones.
What will I be doing?
- General Event Support
- Cheering on our amazing runners (and being louder than anyone else on route!)
- Welcoming their families and friends to the cheer point
- You may be asked to help set up our cheer station with our banners and flags
What skills do I need?
- Good organizational skills,
- A fun, friendly and outgoing personality
- Confidence and good communication skills
- Reliability, flexibility and punctuality
- An enthusiasm for the work of Tenovus Cancer Care.
How much time do I need to commit?
You will need to be at the Cheer point by 10:30am until at latest 2pm.
What support will I be given?
You’ll be supported by the events team on the day and will be joined by other volunteers too.
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a vital difference to the work of Tenovus Cancer Care - especially the people who access our services
- Snacks and refreshments will be provided on the day
- You’ll be given a Tenovus Cancer Care t-shirt to wear on the day
- We’ll reimburse reasonable travel expenses in line with organisational policy
- The opportunity to volunteer at an iconic event, meeting lots of new people and being part of #teamtenovus!
Want more information?
Please contact our Volunteer Development Team on 02920 768320 or e-mail email@example.com for more information about volunteering with us.