Why am I needed?
At Tenovus Cancer Care we receive many donated goods and no matter how big or small, these help us raise funds to continue to provide essential care and support for cancer patients and their families, wherever and whenever they need us most. We’re looking for volunteers who’d like to play a pivotal role in helping our Warehouse team continue to handle these donations and to help keep the Warehouse running smoothly.
What will I be doing?
- Sorting and steaming donated goods
- Logging stock related data and printing orders received from customers
- Picking stock from the warehouse ready for packing
- Packing orders ready for dispatch in a careful and timely way
- Taking mail bags to the postal depot
- Assisting with the organisation of Warehouse stock
- Helping to keep the Warehouse clean and tidy
- Assisting our Donated Good Collectors with their role when necessary (please note: this may involve some heavy lifting).
What skills do I need?
- A keen eye for detail
- An organised and intuitive personality
- Good time management skills
- A flexible yet reliable and honest approach to your role
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm towards all work carried out
- The capability to work well in a team
How much time do I need to commit?
The warehouse is a busy environment, so we are ideally looking for 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. But we are flexible and want to fit around you. You can volunteer for as much or as little time as you can.
If you think you would make a successful Warehouse Assistant Volunteer, we are flexible and are able to spare around five days a week (4 hours a day) but we are flexible and can work around you. We would love to hear from you.
What support will I be given?
- Advice, support and guidance from the Warehouse Manager
- Continuous support from the rest of our Warehouse Team.
What benefits can I expect?
- Travel expenses in line with Organisational Policy
- The opportunity to applied for internal roles within Tenovus Cancer Care
- Access to a range of courses on our eLearning system
- The chance to meet new people that share the same interests and work ethic
- Most importantly, you will gain the invaluable experience of assisting the leading cancer charity in Wales.
Where will I be based?
Springmeadow Industrial Park
Please contact our Volunteer Development Team on 029 2076 8331 or e-mail email@example.com for more information. DBS Checks will be carried out.