Taking on a personal challenge is a special and rewarding way to remember a loved one.
It can be hard work, but the money you raise makes it possible for us to continue supporting cancer patients and their loved ones, and work towards a future without cancer.
Types of challenges
There are a wide range of challenges you can take on in memory of your loved one. Here are just a few ideas.
- Celebrate the spirit of adventure and love of travel with an overseas trek. From Kilimanjaro, to Machu Picchu to the Great Wall of China.
- Running is great for your physical and mental health. It can help you focus, be more present and more mindful. By signing up for a run, regardless of whether it’s 2k or the London Marathon you’ll feel a huge sense of achievement when you reach your goal.
- Walking is a wonderful way to feel more peaceful, as well as taking in fresh air, and beautiful scenery. Why not put your best foot forward and set a walking challenge either for yourself or a group of friends. Find a challenging day route, or a distance you can cover over several days. Bring everyone together at the end with a special celebration to mark your achievement and remember your loved one.
- Take a leap! We regularly run skydiving days where you can experience the amazing feeling of free-falling and see the world from above.
- Design your own challenge like Gillian. She climbed 60 mountains in her 60th birthday year. To help shape your challenge why not think about something that meant a lot to your loved one; a special hobby, date or place. Get in touch with our team to discuss ideas or get some inspiration.
If you’re setting yourself a challenge and want some help setting an amount to aim for, get in touch. Our fundraising team can talk through some options and let you know what different amounts allow us to do. This can really help your fundraising. For example, did you know that just £20 helps pay for anyone aﬀected by cancer to talk to an experienced nurse on our free Support Line?
Share your challenge through a Memory Fund
Setting up a Memory Fund is a special way to raise money and remember a loved one. It’s a chance to share memories, celebrate your loved one’s life, and raise vital funds. If you have set up a Memory Fund you can share you fund and ask people to make a donations on the page.
Questions about fundraising?
Check out our FAQs or get in touch. Our friendly Fundraising Team are always here to help!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 029 2076 8850. Remember, no matter how much you raise, your donation will make a difference!