Our Friends of Tenovus Cancer Care groups are passionate supporters who come together to help raise funds and awareness of what we do, out in the community.
Each year they raise around £150,000 to help us support cancer patients and their loved ones.
What does a Friends of Tenovus Cancer Care group do?
- They fundraise in the local community in lots of innovative ways
- They help spread the word about our cancer support services
- They encourage people in their local community to support our work
- They help connect with the community and engage with local organisations, clubs, and businesses
Who can join?
Absolutely anyone can join or start a Friends group. You don’t need any fundraising experience, just be willing to meet up, whenever suits you and the group, to organise events throughout the year, help however you can and have fun!
You can commit as much, or as little time as you’d like, and you decide how you fundraise and what events you’d like to put on.
There are lots of benefits of joining one our Friends groups!
- Helping others is really rewarding! You’ll be making a real difference for people affected by cancer and their families in your community
- Being part of a Friends of Tenovus Cancer Care group is social and fun!
- You get to meet interesting, like-minded people
- You will feel more involved in your community
- You will be invited to Friends of Tenovus events
- You'll pick up lots of skills and build confidence by working as part of a team
So why not start your own?
If you’d like to start your own Friends of Tenovus Cancer Care group, or feel you would like to get involved in an existing group simply get in touch to let us know!
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 029 2076 8850 and one of our friendly team members will be on hand with advice and support to help you every step of the way.
Due to the ongoing pandemic we have had to adapt the way we work with everyone, to make sure we keep everyone safe.
Your safety is paramount to us here at Tenovus Cancer Care, so we are making sure we keep up to date and follow government guidance in relation to our work and activities. We’ve put together some information for you here on how you can stay social and safe according to the latest guidance.
You can more about how some of our wonderful Friends have been fundraising safely during the pandemic.