Party in style!
Whether it’s your birthday, retirement or anniversary asking people to donate to Tenovus Cancer Care instead of buying gifts is a thoughtful way to support a cause you’re passionate about.
You can set up a Facebook fundraising page, Just Giving page or ask for donations at your party. We can supply you with collection tins or buckets for people to pop their donation in, just let us know how we can help!
Why not include some games as a fun ways to raise some extra funds at your celebration?:
- Include a Karaoke competition with a £1 entry and you get to choose the winner.
- Who doesn’t love a timeless party game? Like heads and tails, musical chairs, and pin the tail on the donkey! Ask people to donate £1 to play and the winner could be awarded a cut of the entry fee.
- Even holding a raffle or a sweepstake is a great money maker at an event. These are all really easy ways to add more fun to your night, making it even more memorable and of course raise more money for Tenovus Cancer Care.
Whatever the occasion and whether you’re planning a traditional or thrill-seeking celebration here are some top tips to raise the most on your special day:
- Don’t forget to ask people to Gift Aid their donations- we can supply donation envelopes for people who’d like to make a donation at the party.
- Ask your employer if they have a match giving scheme for them to donate to your fundraiser
- Include details about your personalised fundraising page on invitations with pictures and the reason why you’ve chosen to fundraise for us at your celebration
- Include the link to your fundraising page on emails and e-invite to let family and friends know you’d like them to donate. Don’t forget to share it as a reminder close to the date and don’t forget to include the people who can’t make it.
- Thank everyone for their donations; you can do this at your event in your toast. You’ll guests will love to hear the difference they’ve made so when you have the total amount raised you could include this in a thank you email or cards.
However much you raise you’ll be making a huge difference to people affected by cancer. Did you know that £300 helps make sure patients can have their vital treatment delivered on board one our Mobile Support Units, rather than having to go to hospital?
Check out our FAQs or get in touch. Our friendly Fundraising Team are always here to help!
Email email@example.com or call us on 029 2076 8850. Remember, no matter how much you raise, your donation will make a difference!