Taking on a personal challenge is a special and rewarding way to celebrate a landmark occasion. It can be hard work, but the money you raise makes it possible for us to continue supporting cancer patients and their loved ones, and work towards a future without cancer.
Types of challenges
There are a wide range of challenges you can take on mark your special occasion. Here are just a few ideas.
- Celebrate a landmark birthday and design your own challenge like Gillian. She climbed 60 mountains in her 60th Get in touch with our team to discuss ideas or get some inspiration.
- Sign up and raise sponsorship and take on the challenge before your occasion. Running is great for your physical and mental health and can help you get fit! By signing up for a run, regardless of whether it’s 2k or London Marathon, you’ll feel a huge sense of achievement when you reach your goal. See our running events.
- Celebrate the spirit of adventure and love of travel with an overseas trek. From Kilimanjaro, to Machu Picchu to the Great Wall of China. Find out what it’s like to take on a challenge like this by reading Anthea’s story.
- Why not put your best foot forward and set a walking challenge either for yourself or a group of friends. Find a challenging day route, or a distance you can cover over several days. Bring everyone together at the end with a special celebration to mark your achievement.
- Take a leap! We regularly run skydiving days where you can experience the amazing feeling of free-falling and see the world from above.
We set fundraising targets, based on what we know is achievable by our fundraisers. We also have to take into account the cost of running or organising a challenge. If you’re ever worried about reaching a target, simply give us a call for a chat. We can help talk through fundraising ideas and ways you can reach your goal.
If you’re setting yourself a challenge and want some help setting an amount to aim for, get in touch. Our fundraising team can talk through some options and let you know what different amounts allow us to do. This can really help your fundraising. For example, did you know that £115 can pay for one day of cancer research?
Check out our FAQ or get in touch. Our friendly Fundraising Team are always here to help!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 029 2076 8863. Remember, no matter how much you raise, your donation will make a difference!