Why am I needed?
At Tenovus Cancer Care we receive many donated goods and no matter how big or small, these help us raise funds to continue to provide essential care and support for cancer patients and their families, wherever and whenever they need us most. We’re looking for some creative and resourceful volunteers to help us market some of the amazing donated stock that we receive. From vintage clothes, vinyl and retro toys to furniture and antiques, by selling these items online we’re able to raise even more vital funds to help keep our services and research going. And with your help, we’ll be able to list even more items for the right price and support even more people affected by cancer when and where they need us most.
What will I be doing?
- Writing descriptions about stock and listing items on our online selling sites
- Photographing items to be sold online and editing, transferring, and storing images of stock
- Researching items online to ensure the optimum listing
- Fulfilling orders from our online shop
- Supporting with the Warehouse Manager and Retail Team.
What skills do I need?
- Awareness and experience of using eBay or other online selling sites
- Good computer skills and excellent attention to detail
- An enthusiasm for the work of Tenovus Cancer Care
- Strong written and communication skills
- A background in or knowledge of marketing, merchandising or photography would be beneficial, but is not essential
- This role would suit a proactive and outgoing person who enjoys meeting with others.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, you’ll be able to commit to giving a minimum of 4 hours / half a day per week. This role is flexible (Monday – Friday 5am-3pm) and hours are available to fit around you – please note on your application how much time you can give.
What support will I be given?
- Advice, support and guidance from the Warehouse Manager
- Continuous support from the rest of our Warehouse Team.
What benefits can I expect?
- Travel expenses in line with Organisational Policy
- The opportunity to applied for internal roles within Tenovus Cancer Care
- Access to a range of courses on our eLearning system
- The chance to meet new people that share the same interests and work ethic
- Most importantly, you will gain the invaluable experience of assisting the leading cancer charity in Wales.
Where will I be based?
This role can be based at our warehouse in Rumney, Cardiff or can be partly be done remotely – wherever you live and from the comfort of your own home.
Springmeadow Industrial Park
Please contact our Volunteer Development Team on 029 2076 8331 or e-mail email@example.com for more information. DBS Checks will be carried out.
Whether you’re a volunteer, supporter, or staff member, we want everyone to feel welcome at Tenovus Cancer Care. We are committed to greater diversity across our people to make sure we have a breadth of experience, skills and perspective that reflects the communities we serve.
We are working to ensure that Tenovus Cancer Care is a fair and equitable place to volunteer. We strive to ensure everyone is treated fairly, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, religion, or belief, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership.