Why am I needed?
Community is at the heart of everything that we do at Tenovus Cancer Care to help those affected by cancer. Our aim is simple – to deliver a vision where fewer people get cancer and those that do receive equal access to excellent treatment. However, we can’t do this without your help. Our shops in local communities are crucial to us raising vital funds. So, we’d like you to volunteer your time and commitment to help us make a difference. We need you to help create exciting collections to display and sell in our windows and in our shops to help turn unsaleable donated clothes into cash.
What will I be doing?
- Creating a product/collection of products from upcycling donated stock items which are not saleable in their current condition
- Promoting awareness of the charity and the services that we provide.
What skills do I need?
- A strong interest in fashion
- It’d be great if you have some knowledge of fashion trends
- A really keen eye for detail
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with other members of the team and customers.
How much time do I need to commit?
We’d need you to give around three hours per week if you can with the possibility to do more if you’d like to. However, we appreciate any time you’d like to give; please let us know this on your application form.
What support will I be given?
- Before starting with Tenovus Cancer Care, we ask that you visit the Shop Management team in the shop so we can both see how the role may suit you.
- Following that the Shop Manager and team will be on hand to advise and help you select products you can use.
- Becoming a volunteer with Tenovus Cancer Care can be a rewarding experience and is certainly invaluable to the charity and its goals.
What benefits can I expect?
- Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed in line with organisational policy
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a vital difference to the work of Tenovus Cancer Care, and in particular the people who access our unique services
- The opportunity to be creative and bring new ideas to the shop whilst developing your creative and design skills
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- Access to all internal vacancies
- Access to training
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of our Retail Team
- The chance to gain experience of helping Wales’ leading cancer charity.
Where will I be based?
You’ll be based at home but visit and maintain contact with your local Tenovus Cancer Care shop in either Lampeter, Neath or Mumbles.
How do I apply?
If you’re over eighteen years old and would like to apply please contact the Shop Manager in your local shop directly or alternatively please contact our Volunteer Development Team on 029 2076 8323 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Whether you’re a volunteer, supporter, or staff member, we want everyone to feel welcome at Tenovus Cancer Care. We are committed to greater diversity across our people to make sure we have a breadth of experience, skills and perspective that reflects the communities we serve.
We are working to ensure that Tenovus Cancer Care is a fair and equitable place to volunteer. We strive to ensure everyone is treated fairly, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, religion, or belief, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership.