Why am I needed?
Tenovus Cancer Care’s Lovelight Christmas Concerts are now in their 14th year and these special concerts are designed to support people affected by cancer, and to give families and friends an opportunity to come together safely to remember loved ones lost.
Come along and join us for an evening of music and candlelight! We need friendly volunteers to help our event team run our Lovelight concerts.
What will I be doing?
- Welcoming and checking tickets on arrival
- Selling raffle tickets
- Parking Steward (Newport Only)
- Lighting audience candles for moments of reflection during the concert
- Bucket collection
- Tidying and packing away at the end of the event
- Helping to ensure Covid safety regulations are followed
- Marshall the event & point attendees in the right direction
What skills do I need?
- Good organizational skills
- Friendly and welcoming
How much time do I need to commit?
For our Lovelight Christmas Concerts and we would require volunteers between 6:30pm til 10pm.
What support will I be given?
You will be provided with an event brief prior to the concert and you will be supported by the events team on the day and joined by fellow volunteers.
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a vital difference to the work of Tenovus Cancer Care - especially the people who access our service.
- The opportunity to volunteer at a brand new Tenovus Cancer Careevent, meeting lots of new people and being part of Team Tenovus Cancer Care
Where will I be based?
- St Woolos Catherdal, Newport – 2nd December
- landaff Catherdal, Cardiff – 3rd December
- St Asaph Cathedral, St Asaph – 9th December
- St Mary’s Church, Swansea – 9th December
You contact our Volunteer Development Team on 02920 768320 or e-mail email@example.com