Why am I needed?
Our shops depend on a regular supply of quality donated stock. As some shops receive more donations than others, we need drivers to move stock between our shops to ensure they are all fully stocked.
Our fantastic supporters rely on stock donations being collected from their door when they are unable to bring it to us. Here at Tenovus Cancer Care we receive donated stock in many different ways, and this includes us collecting stock from supporters at their front door and picking up collections from local business partners.
All of this vital work needs to happen for us to raise more money to help cancer patients and their families.
What will I be doing?
Dependant on your volunteer location, duties may include but may not be limited to:
- Predominantly assisting the Retail team in moving stock between shops
- Taking this donated stock to shops and to the Warehouse
- Delivering donation bags to homes in selected areas and collecting the full bags on an agreed day
- Collecting donations at businesses where our ‘Donation Stations’ are located
- Offering feedback to the Retail team on how to improve the collections service.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- An enthusiasm for the work of Tenovus Cancer Care
- A good level of fitness and enjoy being outside
- Good communication skills to be able to respond positively with any queries from members of the pubic
- Reliability, honesty and like helping as part of a team
- This role would suit a proactive and outgoing person who enjoys meeting with others
The ability to drive and have a good size car or van is essential for the driving role if based at one of our shops. You will need to check with your car insurers that you are insured for business use before starting with us (this can usually be arranged at no extra cost) and your driving licence and business insurance will need to be checked before you can start.
How much time do I need to commit?
This can be discussed with the Retail team and hours are very flexible to fit around you – please note on your application how much time you can give.
What support and training will I be given?
A dedicated member of staff will be on hand to offer you advice, support and guidance in your role.
What benefits can I expect?
- You’ll be making a real difference to the lives of people with cancer in your local area
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- Access to all internal vacancies
- Access to training
- Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed in line with organisational policy
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of both our Retail Team and Wales’ leading cancer charity.
- Expenses can be claimed back
Where will I be based?
You’ll be based at one of our Tenovus Cancer Care shops across Wales and England, with regular travel around agreed areas. We currently have vacancies in the below areas:
- Brecon, Lampeter, Aberystwyth, Cardigan
- Haverfordwest, Mumbles, Tenby, Pembroke, Ammanford
- Henleaze, Broadmead, Easton, Gloucester Rd, Bedminster
- Highcliffe, Boscombe, Southbourne, Westbourne
- Kingswinford, Bromyard, Tewkesbury
- Llangefni, Conwy, Llandudno
- Llangollen, Bala, Mold, Nantwich
- Maesteg, Cowbridge, Porthcawl, Neat
- Mold, Buckley, Flint, Nantwich
- Pwllheli, Porthmadog, Bala, Barmouth
- Southampton, Hythe, Devizes
You must have access to your own vehicle.
How do I apply?
If you are aged over eighteen years old and would like to apply please contact the Shop Manager in your local shop directly or alternatively please contact our Volunteer Development Team on 029 2076 8323 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.