Why am I needed?
Community is at the heart of everything that we do at Tenovus Cancer Care to help those affected by cancer. Our aim is simple – to deliver a vision where fewer people get cancer and those that do receive equal access to excellent treatment. However, we can’t do this without your help. Our shops in local communities are crucial to us raising vital funds. So, we’d like you to volunteer your time and commitment to help us make a difference. We need you to help process our stock donations ready for the shop floor.
What will I be doing?
- Accepting donations from the public
- Sorting through donation bags
- Hanging, ticketing and steaming stock
- Cleaning and processing non-clothing stock
- Maintaining high levels of stock room standards
- Generating add-on sales and Gift Aid conversion through high levels of customer service
- Completing Gift Aid shop paperwork
- Promoting awareness of the charity and the services that we provide
What skills do I need?
- A really keen eye for detail
- An interest in one of our product areas
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with other members of the team and customers.
How much time do I need to commit?
We’d need you to give around three hours per week if you can with the possibility to do more if you’d like to. However, we appreciate any time you’d like to give; please let us know this on your application form.
What support will I be given?
- Before starting with Tenovus Cancer Care, we ask that you visit the Shop Management team in the shop so we can both see how the role may suit you.
- Following that the Shop Manager and team will be on hand to advise and help you select products you can use.
- Becoming a volunteer with Tenovus Cancer Care can be a rewarding experience and is certainly invaluable to the charity and its goals.
What benefits can I expect?
- Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed in line with organisational policy
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a vital difference to the work of Tenovus Cancer Care, and in particular the people who access our unique services
- The opportunity to be creative and bring new ideas to the shop whilst developing your creative and design skills
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- Access to all internal vacancies
- Access to training
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of our Retail Team
- The chance to gain experience of helping Wales’ leading cancer charity.
Where will I be based?
In your local Tenovus Cancer Care shop
How do I apply?
If you’re over eighteen years old and would like to apply please contact the Shop Manager in your local shop directly or alternatively please contact our Volunteer Development Team on 029 2076 8323 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.