Why am I needed?
Do you want to make a difference whilst working in a creative environment with second hand clothing?
At Tenovus Cancer Care we receive many donated goods and no matter how big or small, these help us raise funds to continue to provide essential care and support for cancer patients and their families, wherever and whenever they need us most. We’re looking for some creative and resourceful volunteers to help us market some of the amazing donated stock that we receive. From vintage clothes, vinyl and retro toys to furniture and antiques, by through increased digital selling platforms, you will be able to help us reach a much wider audience to raise funds, to keep our services going. And with your help, we’ll be able to list even more items for the right price and support even more people affected by cancer when and where they need us most.
What will I be doing?
- Writing descriptions about stock and listing items on our online selling sites
- Photographing items to be sold online and editing, transferring, and storing images of stock
- Selecting and Styling fashion items for sale within a variety of online selling sites
- Researching items online to ensure the optimum listing
- Fulfilling orders from our online shop
- Supporting with the Online Trading Assistant and Retail Team.
What skills do I need?
- Awareness and experience of using eBay or other online selling sites
- Good computer skills and excellent attention to detail
- An enthusiasm for the work of Tenovus Cancer Care
- Strong written and communication skills
- No experience is needed as full training is provided
- An interest in online selling and reuse / recycle
- This role would suit a proactive and outgoing person who enjoys a variety of tasks and would like to be part of a growing team
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, you’ll be able to commit to giving a minimum of 4 hours / half a day per week or even half a day per fortnight. This role is flexible and hours are available to fit around you – please note on your application how much time you can give.
What support will I be given?
- Advice, support and guidance from the Online Trading Assistant
- All necessary training to carry out this role
- Continuous support from the rest of our Warehouse Team.
What benefits can I expect?
- Travel expenses in line with Organisational Policy
- The opportunity to applied for internal roles within Tenovus Cancer Care
- Access to a range of courses on our eLearning system & ebay academy (learning programme)
- Gaining skills highly desirable in the digital selling industry
- The chance to meet new people that share the same interests and work ethic
- Most importantly, you will gain the invaluable experience of assisting the leading cancer charity in Wales.
Where will I be based?
This role can be based at our warehouse in Rumney, Cardiff or can be partly be done remotely – wherever you live and from the comfort of your own home.
Unit 10, Springmeadow Road, Springmeadow Industrial Park, Rumney, Cardiff CF3 2ES
We are located on the 44 and 45 Bus Route.
For more information
Contact our Volunteer Development Team on 02920 768320 or e-mail email@example.com for more information about volunteering with us.
Whether you’re a volunteer, supporter, or staff member, we want everyone to feel welcome at Tenovus Cancer Care. We are committed to greater diversity across our people to make sure we have a breadth of experience, skills and perspective that reflects the communities we serve.
We are working to ensure that Tenovus Cancer Care is a fair and equitable place to volunteer. We strive to ensure everyone is treated fairly, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, religion, or belief, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership.