Why am I needed?
Do you want to make a difference whilst working in a creative environment with second hand clothing and a passion for photography?
We receive many donated goods which we sell to help us to raise funds to support people affected by cancer. We’re looking for some creative and resourceful volunteers to help us market some of the amazing donated stock that we receive.
From vintage clothes, vinyl and retro toys to furniture and antiques - the more items we list these through various digital platforms, the more we sell. And with your help, we’ll be able to list even more items for the right price and support even more people affected by cancer when and where they need us most.
What will I be doing?
- Photographing items to be sold online and editing, transferring, and storing images of stock
- Selecting and styling fashion items for sale within a variety of online selling sites
- Dressing /preparing mannequins for photography or getting items ready for still life/flat lay images
- Supporting with the Online Trading Assistant and Retail Team.
What skills do I need?
- Interest in Photography & Fashion
- Able to use digital camera or Phone camera
- Awareness and experience of using eBay or other online selling sites
- Excellent attention to detail
- An enthusiasm for the work of Tenovus Cancer Care
- An interest in online selling and reuse / recycle
- This role would suit a proactive and outgoing person who enjoys a variety of tasks and would like to be part of a growing team
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, you’ll be able to commit to giving a minimum of 4 hours / half a day per week or even half a day per fortnight. This role is flexible and hours are available to fit around you – please note on your application how much time you can give.
What support will I be given?
- Advice, support and guidance from the Online Trading Assistant
- All necessary training to carry out this role
- Continuous support from the rest of our Warehouse Team.
What benefits can I expect?
- Travel & lunch expenses in line with Organisational Policy
- Free onsite parking
- The opportunity to apply for internal roles within Tenovus Cancer Care
- Access to a range of courses on our eLearning system & eBay academy (learning programme)
- Gaining skills highly desirable in the digital selling industry
- The chance to meet new people that share the same interests and work ethic
- Most importantly, you will gain the invaluable experience of assisting the leading cancer charity in Wales
Where will I be based?
Unit 10, Springmeadow Road, Springmeadow Industrial Park, Rumney, Cardiff CF3 2ES
We are located on the 44 and 45 Bus Route. We do also have parking on site.
How do I apply?
Contact our Volunteer Development Team on 02920 768320 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about volunteering with us.